Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Writers' Conference vs. Readers' Convention

We, Vicki Law and Marne Ann, are heading up to Crested Butte tomorrow for the Crested Butte Writers' Conference. I am So Excited!
We are going to learn more about the writing craft, marketing and publishing, we'll get to see friends we haven't seen in a year or more, we'll make new friends...
It's going to be phenomenal and I'm counting down the hours now.
But, this weekend is also the RomCon weekend in Denver. There will be romance readers EVERYWHERE, costume parties, author readings, and I don't know what else, because I've NEVER been to a CON before!
I know--WHAT?
Crazy, right?
So tell me, fellow blog peeps, have you ever been to a CON? Loved it? Hated it? What would you love to see from authors at a CON? (I am going to MileHiCon in October and I'm really jazzed about it...but a bit nervous, too!)
And are you going to RomCon this weekend?
Me? Like I said, I'll be learning, making friends, maybe selling a book or two, and having a grand time in Crested Butte this weekend (and yes, I'll post lots of pics!)

1 comment:

  1. Yup. Going to romcon. I've never been but I'll have a report next week. Very different animals, cons and conferences.

    ReplyDelete